So, what can your team do in 12 minutes?
This weekend, the mechanics of Red Bull Racing did an extraordinary repair job on Max Verstappen’s F1 car. After Max had crashed his car on his way to the starting grid, his team had to repair his front suspension within 12 minutes.
In my latest article
, I wrote about high performing teams under pressure
, and list a few things you can apply in your organization to perform better when it matters
- they didn’t waste energy on blame or disappointment, but took action immediately
- there was one crystal clear goal, and everyone knew what it was
- no manager was involved, everyone already knew what his role was in this situation
- the leaders knew their place: they stepped back and let the mechanics do their work
- they were working as one team in parallel from multiple sides, without getting in each other’s way
- they worked quickly, but without hurry; there was calmness and no chaos
Enjoy the summer break! 🏖